Web development carries with it unique development requirements, varied architectural considerations and specialized techniques and technologies. This study-unit covers each of these elements from both a theoretical perspective but also from a practical point of view. This study-unit will give students a solid foundation upon which to build a career in web-development within software houses, web-oriented service providers and also through their own Start-ups. Cutting edge technologies will be used to exemplify the core principles taught throughout the course.
Covering advanced web-dev topics, including capacity planning and other facets of scalability, security measures, API-centric architectures, DevOps and automated testing (guest).
This study-unit introduces various elements of interfaces design (for personal computers and mobile devices/tablets) and human computer interaction (HCI) including principles of design, methods for evaluating interfaces and techniques for designing user interfaces.
This study-unit aims to explore the three service models of Cloud Computing, with an emphasis on PaaS and SaaS. The fundamental technologies of Cloud Computing (virtualisation, data centres, access API etc) will be studied. Different Cloud Computing providers will be examined and the differences in their implementations revealed. The challenges of deploying hybrid clouds and migrations to the public cloud and the motivation for doing so by both small and large enterprises will be studied.
This study-unit aims to introduce a number of concepts of how to make effective use of limited resources when developing mobile applications. Professionals in the industry will be invited to give short talks related to the subject. A number of lab sessions will be planned giving students the opportunity to implement what they have learnt in a practical scenario.
- CIS5206: e-Government – Policy and Implementation (Section on Electronic Identities)
- CIS2060: Enterprise IT Planning
- CIS3060: Enterprise IT Planning II
- CIS3011: Advanced Databases
- CIS2150: Applications for e-Business using Java
- Surgery Classes in C
- Surgery Classes in Java
- CIS1003: Programming for Scientists
- CIS3081: Advanced Client Server Computing and Distributed Database Systems
- BIT5205: Databases and their Implementation
- BIT5102: Foundations of Information and E-Business Systems
- External Unit (Greenwich Uni): Mobile Computing